Finalists announced for 2019 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards!
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., September 26, 2019 -- The Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) at Cal State San Bernardino announced the finalists for this year's Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards program. 33 entrepreneurs were selected from a pool of over 200 nominees. The 38 semi-finalists participated in a reception on September 25 sponsored by RP&B CPAs, where they interacted with the event judges. Immediately following the reception, the judges convened to select the finalists. The finalists for the event will compete for the Spirit of the Entrepreneur award in eleven (11) different categories at the 17th annual awards black-tie gala on November 13 at the Riverside Convention Center. Winners will be announced at the event.
The 2019 Inland Empire entrepreneurial finalists include:CONSULTING ENTREPRENEUR
- Pacific Capital, Chad Willardson - Corona
- Poindexter Consulting Group, Vikita Poindexter - Murrieta
- VIRTEK Company, Virgal Woolfolk - Menifee
- Avalon Shutters, Inc., Bob Marcynyszyn - Perris
- The Sash Company, Inc., Angelique Barnum - Upland
- High Light Electric Inc., Erwin Mendoza - Riverside
- Klatch Coffee, Heather Perry - Rancho Cucamonga
- QC Manufacturing, Inc., Dane Stevenson - Temecula
- 8 Bit Brewing Company, Chris Keyson - Murrieta
- Arcade Coffee Roasters, Stephen Hasemeyer - Riverside
- buzzbox beverages, inc., Rod Vandenbos - Indio
- Muscle Bar LLC , Nicola Fakhoury and Yazin Fakhoury - Alta Loma
- Extreme Plates, LLC , Cris and Mindy Follett - Yucaipa
- Protech Staffing Services, Inc., Leo Castaneda - Riverside
- Sunergy Construction Inc., Jonathan Mitchell - Corona
- Benchmark Transitions, Jayne Longnecker-Harper, M.Ed. - Redlands
- Kelly Smile Dentistry, Dr. Kelly Hong - Victorville
- Riverside Family Physicians, APMC (RFP), Tarek Zaki Mahdi, MD - Riverside
- Do It American MFG Company, LLC, Jon Armstrong - Corona
- Royal Interpack North America Inc., Radhika Chawla - Riverside
- Warren Packaging Inc., Phil Warren - Ontario
- Digital Dental Leaders, Eric True and Ben Bixby - Menifee
- United Transmission Exchange, Karen Mason - San Bernardino
- VeneCacao Chocolateria, Stephen M. Heinemann - Riverside
- Acorn Technology Services, Mickey McGuire Jr. - Riverside
- Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC and Custody Queens, Kristen A. Holstrom & Dayn A. Holstrom - Corona
- Ruff & Ready Moving LLC, John Ruff - Temecula
- Social Catfish, LLC, David McClellan and James Meyers - Murrieta
- Education through Imagination, Ryan Rainbolt - Redlands
- Karla Adams Club, Karla Adams - Riverside
- Premier Solar Cleaning, LLC., Adam Fuller - Murrieta
- Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center, Carrie Ridgway - Riverside
- Unidos Por La Musica Nonprofit, Oscar Ayon - Ontario
Attendees can BOOK TICKETS ONLINE HERE with direct seat selection for the 2019 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards gala event. Ticket prices for the black-tie event range from $135 to $175 each. Full-table discounts are available.
Spirit Awards Event Features
Commencing at 5:00 p.m. on November 13th, attendees will experience either a Gala or VIP reception, 3-course dinner, stellar event entertainment, awards presentations, and for select parties, an exclusive after party!
The Best of the Best award. Sponsored by Best, Best & Krieger, LLP The top entrepreneur from among the evenings award recipients that best exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit will take home the 2019 Best of the Best award.The Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition
Witness 90-second business pitches from competing student finalists. Audience members cast their votes for the best business idea through a live voting poll to determine which students will walk away with the top cash prizes.
Entertainment Upcoming entertainment guest stars are always an anticipated reveal during the gala. Past events have included top flight entertainment such as: Rock Legend Eddie Money, Ekenah Claudin-Transcending Box, and Gregory Adamson- Facing the Music Performance Artistry.
VIP Reception Sponsored by City National Bank an RBC Company Treat yourself to a luxurious experience only available to VIP ticket holders. The 2019 Spirit VIP Experience includes access to the exclusive pre-show VIP reception with hosted bar, hors d'oeuvres, entertainment, and preferred access to showroom seating for the gala presentation as well as top section seating for the main event while you enjoy specialty selected cuisine for your 3-course dining experience.
Proceeds from the Spirit of the Entrepreneur event benefit the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Scholarship established by Dr. Mike Stull, Director of Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at California State University, San Bernardino. The scholarship is awarded to vetted and deserving entrepreneurship students in order to assist them in achieving their degree.
The Spirit of the Entrepreneur event is presented by the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) and the Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration at California State University San Bernardino and sponsored by a wide range of local organizations including:
- PLATINUM SPONSORS Best Best & Krieger LLP, Southern California News Group, Bank of America, Inland Empire Magazine, Fifth Third Bank, and Inland Empire Business Journal
- GOLD SPONSORS San Bernardino County EDA, City of Riverside, US Bank, Wilson Ivanova CPAs, Wells Fargo, Altek Media Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Riverside County EDA, and Entrepreneur High School
- SILVER SPONSORS Varner & Brandt LLP, Pacific Premier Bank, CDC Small Business Finance, The Community Foundation, SmartSyt, City of Ontario, Tangram, and Roark Financial Solutions
- JUDGING RECEPTION SPONSOR Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
- VIP RECEPTION SPONSOR - City National Bank, An RBC Company
- AFTER PARTY SPONSOR - Leadership Dimensions, Inc.