San Bernardino, CA – The Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) at Cal State San Bernardino announced the semi-finalists for the 2018 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards program. The semi-finalists will attend a judging reception on September 26th where they will meet and interact with the event judges. Immediately following the reception, the judges will convene, deliberate and select the finalists, whose names will be unveiled on September 27th. The finalists for the event will compete for the 2018 Spirit of the Entrepreneur award at the 16th annual black-tie gala on November 15th at the Riverside Convention Center.
THE 2018 INLAND EMPIRE ENTREPRENEURIAL SEMI-FINALISTS INCLUDE:
- ABC Child Care Center, Malinda Margiotta - Temecula
- Artesia Sawdust Products, Inc., Anthony James Espinoza - Ontario
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire, Jennifer O'Farrell - Riverside
- Casks Restaurant Group and Project Boon, Inc., Ana Karina Suchanek - Rancho Cucamonga
- Corona Chamber of Commerce, Bobby Spiegel - Corona
- Country Archer Jerky Co., Eugene Kang - San Bernardino
- Cucamonga Valley Medical Group, Dr. Rahmi Mowjood and Dr. Kyle Smart - Fontana
- Desert Jet, Denise Wilson - Thermal
- DIY BBQ, LLC, Daniel Olszko - Murrieta
- Do It American MFG Company, LLC, Jon Armstrong - Corona
- Eco Culture Manufacturing, Nima Pauline - Palm Springs
- Fazeli Vineyards, LLC, Bizhan (BJ) Fazeli - Temecula
- Fontana Resources at Work, dba Industrial Support Systems, Sylvia Anderson - Fontana
- General Door Service, Gene Ganas - Riverside
- Hub Construction Specialties, Inc., Edward Dainko, III - San Bernardino
- Infinite Pools, Frank Himpelmann - Riverside
- Inland Empire Recycling, Harrie B. Cohen - Ontario
- In-Roads Creative Programs, Inc., Sharon Barton-Maggio - Highland
- JoJo's Grill-A-Dog, Ryan Molnar - Redlands
- Musicology Records, Inc., dba Musicology Productions, Manal Iskander - Riverside
- NationalCity Inc. Angy's Angels Cleaning, Angelica M. Lopez - Hesperia
- Nature's Specialties, Mary Meeks - Corona
- NextGen Flight Academy Inc., Brandon Martini - Riverside
- Oasis In-Home Care, Cameron Akrami - Upland
- OCS Construction Services, Inc., Mark A. Vaca - Riverside
- Phenix Technology, Inc., Angel Sanchez, Jr. - Riverside
- Pro-Line Racing, Todd Mattson - Banning
- ProLuxe, Steve Raio - Perris
- Realicore Real Estate, David Friedman - Yucaipa
- Renova Energy Corp., Vincent Battaglia - Palm Desert
- RPP Products, Inc., Eric Zwigart - San Bernardino
- Sapo, LLC, Lawrence Rivas - San Bernardino
- The Greater Hope Foundation for Children, Eva M. Ford - Victorville
- The ICEE Company, Dan Fachner - Ontario
- TKB Bakery + Deli, Athena Sippel - Indio
- Tu Organics Salon and Spa, Mariatu Browne - Rancho Cucamonga
- United Service Technologies, Inc., Rodger Smelcer - Riverside
- Valew Quality Truck Bodies/ 1954 Manufacturing, Roger L. Hayes - Hesperia
JUDGING RECEPTION is Sponsored by Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
Attendees can BOOK TICKETS ONLINE HERE with direct seat selection for the 2018 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards gala event. Ticket prices for the black-tie event range from $135 to $175 each. Full-table discounts are available.
Spirit Awards Event Features
Commencing at 5:00 p.m. on November 15th, attendees will experience either a Gala or VIP reception, 3-course dinner, stellar event entertainment, awards presentations, and for select parties, an exclusive after party!
The “Best of the Best” award. Sponsored by Best, Best & Krieger, LLP The top entrepreneur from among the evenings’ award recipients that best exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit will take home the 2018 Best of the Best award.The Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition
Witness 90-second business pitches from competing student finalists. Audience members cast their votes for the best business idea through a live voting poll to determine which students will walk away with the top cash prizes.
Entertainment Upcoming entertainment guest stars are always an anticipated reveal during the gala. Past events have included top flight entertainment such as: Rock Legend Eddie Money, Ekenah Claudin-Transcending Box, and Gregory Adamson- Facing the Music Performance Artistry.
VIP Reception Sponsored by City National Bank an RBC Company Treat yourself to a luxurious experience only available to VIP ticket holders. The 2018 Spirit VIP Experience includes access to the exclusive pre-show VIP reception with hosted bar, hors d'oeuvres, entertainment, and preferred access to showroom seating for the gala presentation as well as top section seating for the main event while you enjoy specialty selected cuisine for your 3-course dining experience.
All proceeds from the Spirit of the Entrepreneur event benefit the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Scholarship established by Dr. Mike Stull, Director of Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at California State University, San Bernardino. The scholarship is awarded to vetted and deserving entrepreneurship students in order to assist them in achieving their degree.
The Spirit of the Entrepreneur event is presented by the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) and the Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration at California State University San Bernardino and sponsored by a wide range of local organizations including:
- PLATINUM SPONSORS – Best Best & Krieger LLP, Vistage, Southern California News Group, Bank of America, and Inland Empire Magazine
- GOLD SPONSORS – San Bernardino County EDA, Pacific Premier Bank, City of Riverside, US Bank, Wilson Ivanova CPAs, Wells Fargo, Altek Media Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Riverside County EDA, and Entrepreneur High School
- SILVER SPONSORS – Varner & Brandt LLP, UPS, CDC Small Business Finance, The Community Foundation, SmartSyt, and City of Ontario
- JUDGING RECEPTION SPONSOR – Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
- VIP RECEPTION SPONSOR - City National Bank, An RBC Company
- AFTER PARTY SPONSOR – Leadership Dimensions, Inc.