San Bernardino, CA - The Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) at Cal State San Bernardino announced the semi-finalists for the 2021 Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards program. Chosen from a field of 261 nominees, the 35 semi-finalists will attend a judging reception on September 30th where they will meet and interact with the event judges. Immediately following the reception, the judges will convene, deliberate and select the finalists, whose names will be unveiled on October 1st. The finalists for the event will compete for the 2021 Spirit of the Entrepreneur award at the 19th annual black-tie gala on November 10th at the Fox Performing Arts Center in Riverside.
THE 2021 INLAND EMPIRE ENTREPRENEURIAL SEMI-FINALISTS INCLUDE:
- A&R Tarpaulins Inc. DBA AR Tech, AR Industries, Bud Weisbart - Fontana>
- ACH Mechanical Contractors, Inc., Hector M. Vargas - Redlands>
- Alcam Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics, Cameron Stewart - Riverside>
- Aleph Group Inc., Jales A. Mello - Riverside>
- All Health Connected, Bear Simerson - Palm Desert>
- AmPac Business Capital, Hilda Kennedy - Ontario>
- Arcade Coffee Roasters, Stephen Hasemeyer - Riverside>
- Arrowhead Orthopaedics, Dr. James Matiko - Redlands>
- Child Advocates of San Bernardino County, Cesar Navarrete - Colton>
- Continental East Development, Inc., Lydia Percia Rattan - Murrieta>
- Corona Chamber of Commerce, Robert (Bobby) Spiegel - Corona>
- Crown Paper Converting, Inc., Taylor Hale - Ontario>
- DH Casters, Mary Lyn Baker - Ontario>
- Drum Sync Academy, Kyle Schweikhard - Rancho Cucamonga>
- Extreme Plates, llc, Cris and Mindy Follett - Yucaipa>
- Gardenworksforkids, Donna M. Solomon - Yucaipa>
- Inland Building Construction Companies, Inc., Lori Hyder - San Bernardino>
- In-Roads Creative Programs, Inc., Sharon Barton-Maggio - Highland>
- InSite, Wandalyn Lane - San Bernardino>
- LIFEID.health, Marcus Sassan Motamedi - Palm Springs>
- Lucky's Coffee Roasters, Tyler Smith - Claremont>
- Made. Shop, Alderette Designs and Magnolia Center Marketplace, Rico and Rheiana Alderette - Riverside>
- Murrish Maintenance Construction Services LLC, Suzie Murrish - Ontario>
- Pacific Capital Wealth Management, Chad Willardson - Corona>
- Quality Marble & Granite, Evan Cohen - Ontario>
- Qwiktarp Inc., Michael Edward Jones - Palm Springs>
- Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce, Katie Stice, IOM - Rancho Mirage>
- RHC Productions, Ali Ghassemzadeh - Eastvale>
- Social Catfish, LLC, David McClellan - Murrieta>
- Stearns Product Development Corp DBA Proluxe, Steve Raio - Perris>
- Stone Church Brewing, Bill Steinkirchner - Corona>
- StratosFuel, Inc., Jonathan Palacios-Avila - San Bernardino>
- The Heart Matters Foster Family Agency, Carrie Mathews - Grand Terrace>
- The Sash Company, Angelique Barnum - Upland>
- U. S. Rubber Recycling, Inc., Jeff Baldassari - Colton>
JUDGING RECEPTION is Sponsored by Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
Spirit Awards Event Features
Commencing at 5:00 p.m. on November 10th, attendees will experience either a Gala or VIP reception, stellar event entertainment, awards presentations, and an exclusive after party! Ticket sales will be starting soon!
The Best of the Best award. Sponsored by Best, Best & Krieger, LLP The top entrepreneur from among the evenings award recipients that best exemplifies the entrepreneurial spirit will take home the 2021 Best of the Best award.The Garner Holt Student Fast Pitch Competition
Witness 90-second business pitches from competing student finalists. Audience members cast their votes for the best business idea through a live voting poll to determine which students will walk away with the top cash prizes.
Entertainment Upcoming entertainment guest stars are always an anticipated reveal during the gala. Past events have included top flight entertainment such as: Rock Legend Eddie Money, Ekenah Claudin-Transcending Box, and Gregory Adamson- Facing the Music Performance Artistry.
VIP Reception Sponsored by City National Bank an RBC Company
A portion of the proceeds from the Spirit of the Entrepreneur event benefit the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Scholarship established by Dr. Mike Stull, Director of Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at California State University, San Bernardino. The scholarship is awarded to vetted and deserving entrepreneurship students in order to assist them in achieving their degree.
The Spirit of the Entrepreneur event is presented by the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE) and the Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration at California State University San Bernardino and sponsored by a wide range of local organizations including:
- PLATINUM SPONSORS Best Best & Krieger LLP, Southern California News Group, Inland Empire Magazine, Wells Fargo, Leadership Dimensions, and Inland Empire Business Journal
- GOLD SPONSORS Varner & Brandt LLP, Bank of America, San Bernardino County EDA, City of Riverside, US Bank, Wilson Ivanova CPAs, Altek Media Group, and Riverside County EDA
- SILVER SPONSORS Pacific Premier Bank, CDC Small Business Finance, City of Ontario, Fifth Third Bank, and Pepsi
- JUDGING RECEPTION SPONSOR Roorda, Piquet & Bessee, Inc.
- VIP RECEPTION SPONSOR - City National Bank, An RBC Company
- PREVIEW RECEPTION SPONSOR - Buzzbox Premium Cocktails
- AFTER PARTY SPONSOR - Roark Financial